Locks & Bonds does not recommend one type of bead. Salons and stylists have there own preferences.
What is the difference between Screw Micro Beads, Silicone Micro Beads and Micro Tubes?
Screw Micro Beads:
- Screw threading in inside to keep them from slipping
- Smallest ring. Smaller than silicone rings and tubes
- Holds very well without slipping
- Good hold for hair that tends to be fine, slippery, or, tends to become oily fast
- Does not damage hair
Silicone Micro Beads (Aluminum or Copper):
- Silicone is very gentle on your own hair as it acts like a cushion between your own hair and ring
- Good for hair prone to breakage.
- Aluminum rings are a tiny bit thicker, but may hold tighter, with some types of hair, than copper rings
- Copper is thinner and softer, more comfortable against the scalp for some
- Good for hair that is very fragil, prone to breakage or overprocessed
Copper Micro Tubes:
- Copper is softer, easier to clamp shut
- Clamps flatter than all other rings
- Softer metal is more comfortable if you have a sensitive scalp
- Longer length keeps them from slipping